.

.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks


Tyson and Mila,
 
This summer, my mommy  told me she had a dream that I had given birth to a baby that was capable of saying please and thank you fresh out of the womb. While giving thanks and having manners are two traits that I hope and pray I’m hammering into you both on a daily basis,  I have yet to determine how I can produce a baby with this knowledge pre-programmed. This is unfortunate, because I think Daddy would totally want more babies if they came out polite and thankful. Also, the Target newborn turkey hats are to die for.
 
But, I digress.
 
This year, for Thanksgiving, instead of just slapping up our Turkey wreath and throwing together a few turkey hand prints during arts and crafts time, I decided to  really hammer home the giving of thanks aspect of Thanksgiving. A huge roll of butcher paper and some cut out construction leaves later, I had created our first ever Thanksgiving tree.
 
 
 
Each night, during the month of November, we took turns at the dinner table saying what we were thankful for. I loved, loved, loved our Thanksgiving tree. It will be a tradition that we will continue for many years despite the eye rolls that I'm certain will accompany it during the teenage years.
 
Tyson-because we normally end our bedtime prayer with, “Dear God: Thank you for_______  you were waaay more prepared than I gave you credit for. You begged for it to be your turn to “pray” each night, and, completely surprised us when your first prayer included, “thank you Jesus for taking care of all of the people that are with you.”   Like, whoa. Quite a surprise considering I was convinced you would be thankful for your Halloween candy or new Legos.
 
Mila-you clearly are thankful for your “brudder.” I’d be thankful if you remember that when you are 5 and he’s 7. And then again when you are 13 and he’s 15. Also, I’m thankful for cake and dancing too honey. We all are.
 
 
In no particular order, the things we are thankful for in 2013:
 
I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads and food to eat.-Daddy
I am thankful that while I'm sleeping there are never any monsters in my room. -Tyson
I am thankful for Papa!-Mimi
I am thankful that in only 9 more work days I will be reporting to two cute little new bosses.-Mommy
I am thankful for cake!-Mimi
I am thankful for Pam, Blaine and all their kids.-Tyson
I am thankful for my beautiful, smart and funny wife.-Daddy
I am thankful for a husband that reminds me every day how lucky I am to be his wife.-Mommy
I am thankful that Mommy loves me, Daddy loves me, and Mila loves me.-Tyson
I am thankful for all of the yummy meals that Mommy makes for us.-Daddy
I am thankful for Pam-there is someone here on the days I can't be to love my kids and who they love too.-Mommy
I am thankful for Brudder.-Mimi
I am thankful for our beautiful house and my family inside of our house.-Tyson
I am thankful for our fun and nice family, friends and neighbors.-Mommy
I am thankful for our beautiful and loving family.-Daddy
I am thankful for Mommy, Brudder, Beep-beep, and Daddy.-Mimi
I am thankful for a comfy bed and comfy couches.-Tyson
I am thankful we are all healthy.-Daddy
I am thankful for dancing.-Mimi
I am thankful for a healthy and happy 4 year old boy and his special birthday this month.-Mommy
I am thankful for everyone who lives around us.-Tyson
I am thankful for Jesus taking care of everyone that is with Jesus.-Tyson
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving, my littles. I am thankful for both of you little turkeys.
 
Love,
 
Mommy
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment