.

.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

CUTE!! CUTE!! CUTEEEE!!!


Last week, Daddy was out of town for 5 days straight.
 
Coincidentally,  Mother Nature dropped our first big snow storm of the season during his absence.
 
I’m pretty sure she hates me. Or, she just likes a good laugh.
 
My commute home on Monday took two hours. I slid past the entrance to our development and discovered a new dent in the back of my car upon pulling into our garage.  
 
Not one to let Mother Nature win, I plastered a smile on my face and told the kids we were going outside to play in the snow as soon as I walked in the door. Then I spent the last hour of daylight we had left putting on hats and straightening mittens and zipping up coats and pulling on boots and putting mittens under coat arms and adding extra layers of socks and putting up hoods and putting down hoods. By the time we were ready to go have fun it was nearly bedtime. Or I was just hoping it was bedtime.
 
We had barely opened the garage door when  I heard it. “CUUUUUTTTTEEEE!!!” And again, “CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!”  Sister was screaming “cute” to the snow at the top of her lungs. She ran outside trying to grab each little flake to tell it how “CUTE!” it was.
 

 
 
 
Moments like these, I thank God he gave me a baby girl. Because little girls can find the “CUTE!” in anything.  Even the snow storm/commute from hell/ new unknown dent in your car days.
 
And with every “CUTE!” she yelled my heart swelled a little thinking of how happy this snow storm that I was hating was making her. Take that, Mother Nature.
 
Brother loved the snow too. Snow angels and sleds and all.
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment