.

.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Little

Dear Tyson,

It's 4 in the morning on the day of your birthday party. I should be sleeping, but I can't.

Last night was my turn to put you to bed. We lay cuddling in my bed drinking milk and watching Mickey Mouse when you suddenly turned to me and whispered, "Mommy, did I use to watch this all the time when I was little?"

When you were little?

My sweet four year old boy, you still are so, so, little in my mind. Each morning I hold your little hand as we walk down the stairs. I put your hat on your sweet little head before we head out the door. I watch your little legs run ahead of me on the sidewalk. I look into your little eyes at least one hundred times a day to tell you I love you. I feel your little arms squeezing me with each hug before bed. And, at night, when you are fast asleep, I watch your little chest rise and fall with your peaceful breaths.

I've spent the last weeks worth of nap times hand painting bunnies popping out of hats and frantically making magic wands. I've cursed Pinterest no less than three hundred times, made five trips to Target this week, and spent way more than I care to admit on your party. And today it will all be worth it.

Today we will celebrate you with your friends and family in the most magical way possible.




I can't wait to watch your little face light up.

I love you.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment