.

.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ha-Ha-Halloween.


For an unknown reason, Mimi decided to refer to Halloween this year as, “HA! HA! Halloween!”
 
It should be noted that didn’t say, “HA! HA! Halloween!” she sung it.   No less than three hundred and seven times per day during the month of October. “HA! HA! Halloween!” Sung at the top of her sweet little lungs.   It started off endearing, but quickly materialized into that annoying song that echoes in your head all day long.   
 
For this reason, I packed up the pumpkins and Halloween décor immediately after trick or treating this year. Good riddance, “HA! HA! Halloween!”
 
We had a busy month packed with pumpkin picking, pumpkin painting, pumpkin bread, pumpkin carving and, of course, carrying pumpkins around the neighborhood  asking strangers to fill them with candy. Halloween is strange, but I’m certainly not one to argue with free candy.
 
Tyson and Mila were Woody and Jessie from Toy Story -costumes that were begged and pleaded for by Tyson last year.   Because I’m not good at sewing or anything that requires precision and/or patience, I ended up spending waaaay too much money for these ridiculously cute costumes on Etsy. I think it was money well spent for the four hours of total wear, but Daddy would likely think differently if I ever shared how much I shelled out. To top off the cuteness, our neighbors went as Buzz and Little Bo Peep.  Our neighbor’s mommy is very patient and hand sewed Little Bo Peep’s costume. To say I was impressed is an understatement.
 
Next year, I’m praying Mila doesn’t remember her little song and sticks to just plain old “Halloween.” Daddy’s praying for cheaper costumes.
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 


 

 


 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment