.

.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby, Confused Mommy



See that? That is the face of a sad mommy (who needs a hair cut.) (and a facial.) Also, you're welcome for making this picture small.

Let's start by saying that Mila only waking up once with no food was a total anomaly.You win. I'm going to start shopping for 2T clothes today.

Yesterday, we had decided to try and implement the sleep training techniques written about in, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby" if when Mila got up in the middle of the night from here on out. Basic concepts include; no food, no picking up, going in every five minutes to calm her and then leaving to let her fall asleep on her own.

At 3 AM, destiny called. Daddy stayed asleep.

I  entered her room, peeked over her crib and watched as her soft cries turned to laughter as I tried to calm her down. No joke, she LAUGHED.

I left the room. She cried.

5 minutes later, I went back in. She laughed again as she tried to eat her PJs and her arm.

I left the room. She cried.

Rinse and repeat for over an hour.

Somewhere around 4:30 I gave up and fed her two ounces (JUST TWO OUNCES) in less than two minutes, laid her back down in the crib, and left the room. She didn't make a peep the rest of the night.

WHAT THE?

I thought men weren't supposed to understand how the female brain works. I'm currently just as perplexed.





No comments:

Post a Comment