.

.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Mommy Says:

It's become abundantly clear to me in the past few weeks that Christmas really is more magical with kids (or in our case a singular kid) around. I've always looked forward to Christmas, but sometimes (ok most of the time) dreaded the preparation for it. The shopping, the cooking, the wrapping, the decorating-oh my! It's all a bit exhausting and overwhelming.

But, this year? This year was different.

This year as I was decorating the tree while Tyson was napping, I couldn't wait to see what his reaction would be to this bright sparkly thing in our living room. I still smile when he stares at it while I get dinner ready. When he waves bye to it before bed, I die of the cuteness.


This year when I went shopping, I couldn't wait to find him the perfect gift. When I wrapped each present, I loved writing "From: Mommy and Daddy."

This year we made ornaments that have his hand print on them and we baked cookies with frosting and sprinkles. We made a mess and I loved every minute of it.

This year Daddy dressed up in a Santa suit for all of the nieces and nephews.

This year we'll take Tyson to church and sing Christmas carols together as a family.

This year we started traditions that will last Tyson's lifetime.

This year Christmas really is magical.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Stinkin Cute Fam!


No comments:

Post a Comment