.

.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's, See You Later. Not, Good-Bye

Mommy Says

Dear Tyson,

I've been thinking about what I wanted to write to you in this letter all week-I'm just not certain I can find the words to adequately explain how I feel. Tomorrow will be your first day at day care. Our first day apart in 12 weeks.

It's amazing how much we've both changed since you arrived. You're developing your own little personality now. You're an early bird (like Mommy and Daddy). You love to laugh, smile, and coo while we get you ready for the day. It's as if you're telling me all about what I missed with you during the night. You're starting to discover new things every day. You can hold onto toys and grasp at your burp rag while we're feeding you. You're close to rolling over, but not quite there yet. You like your swing now, but only for a short amount of time. Lights and music are your favorite.

I've changed too. It's hard to believe such a little guy could teach a person so much. The obvious lessons-like point your pee-pee down if I don't want to change your clothes sixteen times a day and the bigger lessons-like patience and humility. I'm a better person, wife, and daughter because of you. I now know the true meaning of unconditional love.

While I'm at work, I will miss having breakfast next to you on the floor and talking about what we're going to do that day. And the way you squeal when I wonder too far away and the way you laugh when we sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider." I will miss the way you burrow your head into my chest when you want a really good nap and watching you smile as you drift off to sleep. I will miss our play dates and trips to Target. I will miss your yawns and red eyes when it's time for a nap. I will miss watching you discover a new toy every day. I will miss your peaceful look as you rock in your swing. I will miss you in my arms. I will miss you.

I love you with all of my heart. Thank you for the past 12 weeks.


Love,


Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment