.

.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tyson 2.5

Dear Tyson,

Today you turn two point five. The two point five version on you is pretty close to perfect. You are fun and smart and awesome all rolled into one little boy. I wish I could bottle this version and save it for ten years from now when you want nothing to do with me or my ideas. Today you think I'm the smartest thing around and I tend to think the same about you.


So...what are you up to these days?

-Talking. And talking and talking and talking and talking...Daddy and I joke that you might never shut up. Your vocabulary is huge and it just continues to get bigger. Some of my favorite sayings of yours as of late are, "All my byself," "Let's blow this pop stand!" and of course, "Rock on, Dude!"

-Talking in third person. Seriously. "Tyson wants banana." "Tyson takes bath." "Tyson goes to park." I have asked countless parents of other two year olds if their child also does this and to date, you're the only one. I've also looked this up online because I'm neurotic and it says that people who talk in third person are usually introverts and shy. Based on the number of people you try to talk to at Target in a 20 minute trip, I'm well aware that this is not the case in your situation.


-Playing outside. This is hands down your favorite thing to do. You love riding your tractor, going on walks, playing at the park and riding your bike. When we say our prayers at night, you thank God for each of the above items even if we haven't done them that day. I'm pretty sure God has gotten the idea of just how thankful you are for outside.


-Singing. You know at least 20 songs by heart which I tend to think is pretty impressive at this age. I think I've passed on my useless ability to hear a song once and know half of the words. Unfortunately this talent will get you nowhere in life as both Daddy and I are tone deaf, so, even if you can sing at least 20 songs, you can't sing any of them well.

-Being a big brother. Yesterday a cute old lady at the grocery store asked you if you were the big brother. Your reply: "I'm the BEST big brother!" Touche old lady.



-Puzzles. You love puzzles and are really good at them too. You've moved on from board puzzles to 25 piece ones. We usually start our day by doing all of the puzzles we have. If I've calculated correctly I've spent at least a third of my maternity leave doing puzzles.

-Potty Training. Mommy sort of gave up on training when Mila was born. You didn't. You continue to ask to use the potty at least once a day. I'm still hoping you'll train yourself by the time you turn 3. That happens, right?

-Going to school. For the last 6 months or so we've been attending a drop in play ECFE class that you LOVE. There's painting and puzzles and circle time. It's so fun to watch you follow the teacher's directions and explore the projects each week. You've quickly become quite the teacher's pet and I have no idea where you got that trait (ahem).




I am amazed everyday at the wonderful little being I have created.  The last two months have been hard and stressful for Mommy. Juggling a newborn and a toddler successfully is not always easy and I've had my share of times when I've cried and worried that I wasn't doing it right. Each and every time I've cried you've ran to me, hugged me, and told me, "Don't cry Mommy. Tyson and Daddy love you!"  Based on this reaction, I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything exactly how I'm supposed to.

Mommy loves you too little buddy.

Happy 2.5!

Mommy


-

No comments:

Post a Comment