.

.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

3 Months

Dear Mila/Mimi-

A few weeks ago, Tyson declared from his spot in the backseat that he was, “going to call you Mimi.” We like it, so, we went with it. Some days you’re Mila, others you are Mimi. We’ll see if it sticks.  Prior to your birth, Daddy and I had discussed giving you a nickname of “Number 2” ala Austin Powers. I’m guessing you’ll be much happier with Mimi.

With that said, Happy 3 Month Birthday, little Mimi! You continue to grow and change despite my attempts to keep you small and smelling like a newborn. It’s amazing to me that at just three months old little hints of your future personality are starting to develop. 



You’re content and relaxed.  You’ve settled into a nice routine of eat/activity/sleep every 3 hours and typically only cry to let us know you’re ready to move onto the next step.  A very schedule orientated baby is one after my own heart.

You’re happy and a bit of a flirt. You smile all the time and love to coo and babble to get people’s attention.  You’ve already got the eyelash bat down pat and don’t even get me started on your pouty lip.

You’re playful and curious. You kick, bat, and hold onto toys when we place them in your hands. If we put you down in one area of the play mat, you always find a way to turn and scoot to look at another area.

You’re a lover. My heart swells when I think of how much you currently like to cuddle. Give you an arm and a body to nestle against and you’re happy. I’m hoping this trait will stick around for a long, long time.

I am savoring each and every minute of being your Mommy. With Tyson, there was learning, fear, and frustration that comes with the territory of parenting the first born. Oh, I loved him dearly, but the fear sometimes took over my opportunity to enjoy each minute. With you, I am totally consumed by the joy and amazement of having a baby in the house again. I am enjoying it all.  I am happy. So very, very happy. Tyson made me a Mommy and you gave me the opportunity to be the Mommy that I want to be-to both of you. Pretty amazing gift from a 3 month old, huh? Thanks little Mimi.



Happy 3 month Birthday....3 month birthday pictures to follow :)

Love,

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment