.

.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Escape

Having a newborn is hard. Having one with a toddler is even harder. I've struggled with mommy guilt for the last eight weeks. Am I giving one enough attention? Is the other feeling neglected? Mila has been quite needy during the day for the past week or so and Tyson is taking the brunt of it. If I had a penny for every time he's heard, "Not yet" in the last week I'd be rich. Then I would give it all to him in an effort to overcompensate for the mounting mommy guilt.

Last night Tyson and I had the chance to escape while Daddy put Mila to bed.





A quick bike ride through the neighborhood followed by some intense chalk drawing in the driveway was just what the doctor ordered. Juggling the two will always be a struggle, but I'm hoping to make more mommy dates with each kid to remind them just how special they each are.

No comments:

Post a Comment