.

.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Two Months

Dear Mila,

Today you turn two months old.

I knew I blew it last month when I bragged that you were a good baby. Haven't I learned my lesson? You never, ever, EVER brag about a good baby. Doing so will inevitably result in karma coming around to bite you in the you-know-what. Remember this lesson when you have your own kids.

Also, when you have your own kids, remember that this month I spent approximately 300 hours standing and bouncing to try and get you to nap. Again, karma. Perhaps you should start your leg strengthening exercises now.

That said, you are a pretty stinkin cute two month old. See?






You're smiling a lot now and starting to coo with us. I think your first laugh might be just around the corner. You love your play mat and the bouncy chair. You still don't care for the swing or the car seat. You've got a mean high kick and some mad neck strength. I think you are going to be one tough little girl.

The other night as I rocked you to sleep, I begged God to help me remember your sweet smell and the weight of your body in my arms for the rest of my life. Yes, this month there were days when I crawled into bed exhausted and thankful that Daddy was doing the middle of the night feeding, but all too soon I know I will miss that you don't need me.

I love you with all of my heart baby girl.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment