.

.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mila Jane

We welcomed Mila Jane into the world on Friday, February 24th at 8:50 AM. The delivery was fast and amazing. I'll save the gory details for when I come down from my newborn baby high. In the meantime, my first letter to my baby girl....
Mila (Precious and Dear One) Jane, 7 lbs 2 oz, 20.5 inches long

Dear Mila,

Happy Birthday, love.

I'll be honest and admit I had doubts that it could be as amazing the second time around. I was worried your birthday wouldn't rock me to the core like Tyson's did. 

Turns out I was silly and a little bit stupid.

I still can't find the words to adequately explain the way my heart swelled when I held you for the first time. I'm certain it must have doubled in size in that minute. You were here. Safe & healthy. After a year of serious prayers, I was rewarded in the best way possible. We are lucky. We are blessed.



And the nine months of questioning if you really were a girl? 

Wasted time. Despite how much you resemble your big brother, you are a girl in every sense of the word. You are beautiful. You have long fingernails and a curly head of hair that already falls down your neck.  Your feet are dainty. Your cries are soft and sweet. I'm happy to report that we're still waiting for your dramatic side to make an appearance as proof that you aren't just a girl, but my baby girl.




I am so happy. I am tired, a bit overwhelmed, but I am so, so happy.



I love you baby girl. Welcome to the family and happy birthday.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment