.

.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Mila is One Month Old

Dear Mila,

Today you turn one month old and again I am amazed at the fact that time can go so simultaneously fast and slow when you have a newborn.


One month ago I waited patiently to hold you in my arms and see your precious face. Today I know how you like be held, the squeaky noises you make while you fall asleep, the spot on your forehead that you like me to rub, and the distinctive cry you make right before you drift off.




I hesitate to write this down for fear that I might jinx something, but you are a good baby. You sleep! And therefore I sleep! Currently you have one 4 to 5 hour stretch followed by two 3 to 4 hour stretches each night. When you get up to eat, you're efficient (which I like to attribute to you being a female). You eat and go back to sleep in 30 minutes flat. We're still working on establishing a schedule during the day, but the night time routine alone has saved my sanity time and time again.


I am happy to report that you have shown your dramatic flair to prove you are my daughter. You don't cry often, but when you do-you be sure to make it known that you're upset. The pain! The despair!




You hate your carseat. I see the above face often while you are in it.

You love the boobs. Sorry, but man can you eat. As a result of loving the boobs, you are growing like a weed. Most of your newborn clothes will be packed away soon. I will cry.

You're excelling at tummy time. You have some amazing neck control for a one month old.

Your first month home with us has been everything I imagined. We are so lucky to have two healthy and beautiful little kids. Each time I hold you I am overwhelmed with gratitude and amazed that you are here. You are beautiful. You are loved. I am lucky.



Happy One Month Birthday, little girl!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment