.

.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Two

Dear Tyson,

Today marks the two year anniversary of the day I became a Mommy. Coincidentally, it also marks your second birthday. Strange how that happens, huh? I knew I wanted to be a Mommy when I was a little girl, but I had no idea just how wonderful, rewarding and challenging it would be until you. You made me a Mommy. I knew it would be great, but I had no idea how great YOU would be.

Your birthdays have become a sort of bitter-sweet symphony for me. While I love watching you delight in your presents and bask in the attention of our friends and family that love you so much, I have a hard time accepting that a year has flown by. A year where you have grown, changed, and developed into the little man that you are becoming. I wonder if I told you I loved you enough this year. Did I hug you enough? Give you enough kisses? I wonder if I should have put down what I was doing to play "choo-choos" more often. Was the house clean in sacrifice of time I could have spent cuddling with you? I know that the time will come when I can't carry you to bed anymore and feel your tiny head rest on my shoulder. I'm sure that someday you won't want your Mommy to hold your hand all of the time. And that you will soon prefer friends as playmates over Mommy and Daddy. It's inevitable. I just hope I'm doing my best to soak up all that is you in this moment.

I hope I remember that you are kind and caring. That you love to blow kisses and fold your hands to pray with us. I hope I remember that you make me smile. That you call Mickey "Boo" and your blanket your "Mayme." That you're quirky. You shout, "Pants off!" the second we get home in hopes of being able to run around in your diaper. And that you love to clean.  I hope I remember that your favorite food is macaroni and cheese and that you love bath time. Especially with bubbles. I hope I remember how you count, "two, three, nine, thirteen!" And that you like to play with puzzles. And that you hate the doctor. I hope I never forget the feeling I get when I pick you up from daycare and you come running to me. Or the overwhelming sense of peace I feel when I sneak in at night to see you sleeping.

Despite the fact that you continue to get older, you are and always will be my baby boy.  As you grow up, please remember that I will always be your Mommy. I may not be able to carry you to bed much longer, but I'll always have a shoulder for you to lean your head on and a hand for you to hold. I'll always be ready to play with you when you want and if you need someone to come running to, I will  be
there.



I love you Tyson Daniel.

Happy 2nd Birthday!
Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment