.

.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

With the recent turmoil and upheaval we’ve had in our house (you know due to that whole raising a two year old thing) I’ve neglected to find the time to mention our other big news….



Nope, I didn’t just finish eating Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, that is a baby bump.


Because the toddler is due to start yelling at me in any minute (did I mention his new favorite words are “No WAAAAAYY!”), I will highlight the important details and monumental moments of this pregnancy thus far with bullet points:

-I’m due March 1, 2012. 2012 is a Leap year. If I give birth on 2/29, and we assume she can’t date until her 16th birthday, she will actually be 64 by the time she goes on her first date. Daddy likes this plan.


- She. Yes, apparently it’s a girl. Ultrasound tech and Doctor seem convinced based on what they saw. I’m taking the I’ll believe it when I see it approach.


-She (assuming the doctor is right) is active. Like really, really active. Like I’m pretty sure she’s training for a triathlon in there. My bladder is totally not amused by this.


-She is most active at night. God save us.


-Tyson isn’t sure what to think of the whole having a baby sister idea. We recently bought him a doll. At first he gave the doll kisses and even held it appropriately. Soon after, he dropped kick the baby into his tent and told us to put it back. Again, God save us.


-I refuse to buy any more maternity clothes. This makes getting dressed in the morning funny, humiliating and disgusting all at once. I feel bad for my co-workers.


-I haven’t killed my husband! Yet! (the first trimester had many a close calls)


-We’re not telling you the name until after she’s born. And if you don’t like the name when we tell you, too bad. Maybe she won’t like your name either.


-As of today, I’ve officially entered the third trimester. You can read that sentence any way you want, but what I meant was, OMG I’m going to have another baby in three more months. I haven’t done anything. What were we thinking? Didn’t we realize we’d have a toddler to contend with. We are idiots. And not ready. We’ll never be ready.



Needless to say, this Thanksgiving I feel I have many things to be thankful for. Two wonderful men in my life, a little girl on the way, a healthy family, a good meal, and a baby we will someday get to meet in heaven.


Hope you are feeling as blessed today as we are. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment