.

.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

If You Give A Mouse A Cookie....

I know I've mentioned plenty of times the awesome eating skills of our child. The kid is willing to eat pretty much anything I put in front of him. With two hands. As fast as he can shovel it into his mouth. A trait that I'm certain he got from his Daddy.

His favorite foods (in no particular order) are currently carrots, applesauce, raisins, chicken nuggets (hello, Morning Star-I heart you), strawberries, cherry tomatoes, and blueberries. I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones that happen to bring out the intense "more please" sign and crazed expression when his plate is clean.

Please note the healthy choices. At nearly 17 months old, our child will choose a carrot over a cookie, a strawberry over a donut, and a cherry tomato over candy every single time. I'm proud that we have made a deliberate attempt to limit Tyson's intake of candy, sweets, and junk food while he's still so young. He's had a couple jelly beans, bites of our cookies, and even a few tastes of ice cream when I'm willing to share. And, while he enjoys the junk food, he's just as happy to go back to his raisins. Mission Accomplished.

Or so I thought...Last week, we caved and gave him a Dorito. Just one little piece. A taste. And then, without warning, he grabbed the bag and dove in head first.



If you give a kid a Dorito....






Dude likes his salty snacks.


For the record, he signed "more please" before we even had his hand out of the bag to take it away. Apparently healthy habits aren't as easy to teach as I had thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment