.

.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

14 Month Letter

Mommy Says:

Dear Tyson,

Today you turned 14 months old. If I manage to erase the 6 hours we spent together on the plane to and from Florida, this month was easily my most favorite month so far. If I can't manage to erase those 6 hours from my memory, then this month will go down as the worst ever. Just sayin.

Sometime between December 5th and January 5th you have learned to communicate and that has made our life together that much easier and more enjoyable. Last month you were all "MAMA (oddly said in a French accent) babble babble babble BALL babble babble DADA babble." You talked, but you didn't talk at appropriate times. You said "Dada" when you were eating and "Bath" all the time. Maybe it's because Daddy likes to eat and you like baths all the time. Who knows.

This month it seems as if you get nearly everything we're saying to you and you know the appropriate response back to us. Your new favorite word is no. It's usually said while shaking your head. At first it was so adorable. Now I'm beginning to question it. When you look at things you can't touch and shake your head while saying, "No" it's cute. When you yell, "NO!" to us when we're trying to give you more food or change your diaper it's not so cute.

You learned how to say dog and duck. Every duck, bird, goose and chicken is a duck. Every dog is a dog. Even Lola. Remember when you used to call her "Lala?" That was cute. You can go back to calling her that instead of "dog" now. She responds better to her name than to "dog."

When we ask you if you want "Num-nums" you go right to your high chair. Actually, you run to your chair yelling "Num-num, Num-num, Num-num." You do still love your food. I'm still looking into how I can subsidize the cost of feeding you as you get older.

When we say "Let's change your diaper" you bring us the diaper.

When we ask if you want to go "Night-Night" you head for the stairs.

You love to tell us "on" when you want the light on and "off" when you want it off.

Luckily, you still say "Mama" with a British accent cause that is just so freaking cute.

You politely ask "up" when you want to be picked up. If we don't pick you up promptly, you scream "UP!" at us like a deranged one year old who needs to be picked up right now. Can't you hear me you idiots? I said "UP!"

Your sign language vocabulary consists of "more please" and "all done." You totally abuse the "more please" sign. You know that patting your fingers together is pretty much guaranteed to get you anything you want so you use it to your advantage at every waking moment. We're working on "thank you" for the next sign. For some reason, I don't think you'll learn it as quickly as you did "more please."

I know I'm your Mommy and I'm biased, but you're a pretty smart 14 month old. I'd go so far as to call you a genius, but I don't want to lose the one reader of the blog that we have.

I love you buddy, happy 14 months!


Love,

Mama (please read aloud with a British accent)

No comments:

Post a Comment