.

.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Big Kids

So.... this happened this week:



That's my baby in her big girl bed.

And, then this happened this weekend:



That's my other baby on a bike without training wheels.

I am happy report that despite the emotional toll these two events took on me, I am not locked up in a padded room using tissue after tissue while mourning the loss of my babies.

Mila's transition to her big girl bed went remarkably smooth (KNOCK ON WOOD). She's been sleeping in it since Tuesday night and has yet to climb out of bed when she's not supposed to(KNOCK ON ALL THE WOOD). We're hoping she can teach her brother this supposedly simple skill.

Tyson has been asking to ride without training wheels since the end of last summer. We finally got around to letting him try it out this weekend. He picked it up on his first try and repeatedly yelled at me to "LET IT GO!" for most of the time I tried to run along side of him-and he wasn't just singing the Frozen song.

Let them go. I guess that's what  I have to do. They grow up, it's inevitable and it's slowly sinking in-bittersweet emotions and all

No comments:

Post a Comment