.

.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dear Fall: Please Step It Up

Last week it was at least 80 degrees and sunny for 5 days straight. In October. In Minnesota. It's odd because I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of hell freezing over, but yet, it kinda was the same thing as hell freezing over. 80 and sunny for 5 days. In October. In Minnesota.





To be honest, I was kind of upset. Fall is my favorite season by far and Summer was really overstepping it's boundaries.


We had properly said our goodbye to summer in late September with what we assumed would be our last ice cream on the driveway.



I thought it to be a fond farewell. Lola also enjoyed it. Apparently summer thought differently.


Which was apparent last weekend when we took Tyson to get his pumpkin and I was sweating while wearing a tank top. Did I mention this was in October? In Minnesota?



Despite the heat and humidity (I mean, really??!), Tyson had a great time. There was a petting zoo (insert sarcastic "yay" here) which Tyson loved.



And a hay ride where the heat and humidity seemed to get the best of even Tyson's easy going temper.




And big open pumpkin fields where the sun beat down on us relentlessly while we searched for the perfect pumpkin.



I'm happy to report that we survived pumpkin picking without suffering a heat stroke. Tyson managed to puke all over himself on the way home, but I'm pretty sure this was related to the ample amounts of apple juice he was drinking to stay hydrated and not to the actual heat.


Thankfully, fall has heeded my warning and decided to step it up this week. It's 50 and sunny now and we're headed out to enjoy the brisk weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment