.

.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

11 Months

Mommy Says:

Dear Tyson,

As a result of my failed attempts at turning back time, you actually turned 11 months old today. I'm really going to have to step up my efforts if I want to stop the whole turning one thing.

It's funny that while I'm trying so desperately to hold onto your babyhood you're doing everything you can to become a full blown toddler. It's amazing all of the new things you've learned this month alone.

You're walking alone now. Just a few steps at a time, but walking. WALKING! That means running away from Mommy is coming soon. I'll just go cry in my room now.

You climb stairs. Fast. This might be dangerous. Daddy and I are reconsidering our decision to not put a gate at the bottom of the stairs. We wanted you to be able to explore the stairs and understand that you can go up and down them safely with help. You have other ideas. Ideas that involve racing to and up the stairs whenever Mommy and Daddy turn their back for a minute.

You're getting into everything. We finally had to put parental locks on our cupboards. If only we could find a parental lock for Lola's food.

You've learned how to throw a fit. Which is really not awesome, but proves you've got a good little attitude I'll have to contend with. If you don't want to do something you arch your back and kick your feet like a two year old temper tantrum. If it's starting now, I can't wait to see what your terrible twos will be like. Somebody send Mommy lots of wine.

To offset the fit throwing, you're really into sharing. You love to give us your bottle, feed us your food, and bring us your toys.

You point, you wave, you tell us all done (with your hands) and you do the "Touchdown!" Just tonight you clapped for the first time ever. We're working on blowing kisses and signing "more."

You have a verbal vocabulary of about 10 understandable words now. You finally say "Mommy" but usually only when you're really upset and whining. You're favorite word is probably "Lala" (Lola). You love to yell at her and give her bones.

I know I've said it a thousand times, but you really are an amazing and smart little guy. I knew I would love being a Mommy, but I had no idea just how awesome being your Mommy would be. Thank you for making my life happier and my heart fuller (if fuller is a word).
I love you buddy. Happy 11 months.


Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment