.

.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

5 Months

Little Mimi,

Today you are five months old. You are beautiful, happy, and content and I’m frantically searching for the pause button in life. While I love watching you grow up and learn new things, I’d be equally as happy to keep you as my little baby forever.

Speaking of little...we had your 4 month check up a few weeks ago. Turns out, you’re not really little. You weigh in at 15 pounds 10 ounces. For a point of reference, Tyson was 13pounds 3 ounces at his 4 month checkup. Like whoa.

Want to know what a 5 month old is up to?  

You sit! Ok, it’s a tripod, but you can “sit” without assistance. You’re thrilled with this accomplishment and we’re guessing it’s because you no longer have to roll around in spit up all day long.


You eat and eat and eat and eat. Please see above about not being small. Fruit, veggies, and cereal now. Peas appear to be your favorite veggie (what the?) and bananas are clearly your favorite fruit.  Since offering veggies and fruit, you typically give us the look of death if we try to feed you cereal. I tasted the cereal the other day and don’t blame you a bit.

You laugh. Mostly at your brother. That kid can get you to laugh at anything. I spend hours making silly noises and playing peek-a-boo to hear your little laugh, Tyson says your name and you give him a belly laugh like no other.

You swim. We took you for your first swim shortly after your 4 month birthday and you LOVED it. Since then we’ve had several family swims. Your little legs kick like crazy and you have a smile plastered across your face the whole time.




You had your first cold this month and spent several afternoons napping in mommy’s arms instead of napping in your crib. I loved every minute of it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the naps in mommy’s arms might be contributing to you STILL NOT SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!! Let’s clear this up now-I love your naps in my arms at 3PM. I don’t so much like them at 3 AM. Capeesh?


Happy 5 month birthday, baby.



I love all 15 pounds 10 ounces of you,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment