.

.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Letter To The Big Brother

Tyson, 


In just a few short weeks, your baby sister will arrive. You’re well aware of the fact that Mommy has a baby in her tummy, but  I’m not entirely certain you understand just what’s in store for you. Can I tell you a secret? Mommy’s not sure what’s in store for her either. I do know that both of our lives are about to change immensely. The next few months will be full of uncertainty just as they were when you were born.  It will be chaotic and hectic and challenging and amazing.


Please remember during this crazy time that you will always be my baby. My first born. My little boy. Having a baby sister will not change that.  I will still love you with all of my heart. I will still think of you when I wake up and before I go to sleep. I will still worry about you, take pride in you, and find joy in you. I will always have time for you and I will always be there for you.


I know you will be an amazing big brother.  You are kind, empathetic, loving, and helpful.  Your sister is lucky. Being the big brother is a big responsibility-your sister will come to you for advice and protection. She will tell you things that she would never tell Mommy and Daddy.  Be nice to her and always look out for her.  Stick up for her and teach her to be like you.


Your sister will be your best friend. It might not seem like it at first, but trust me- she’ll soon be your new playmate and your partner in crime.  She’ll help you build forts and go swimming with you. She’ll stay up late with you to watch for Santa Clause. She’ll play games with you when you’re bored. She’ll get you in trouble. She’ll help you stay out of trouble. In the end, your best memories will be the ones with your sister by your side.


So bear with me little buddy.  A little over two years ago, you made me a Mommy. You have shown me unconditional love and taught me patience. You’ve taught me how to relax and shown me what’s important. In the past two years, there were days I cried with frustration and moments when I sobbed with happiness. You’ve given me the best job in the world. I will be a Mommy for the rest of my life.  In a few short weeks, a Mommy to both you and to your sister. Always remember, it was YOU who paved the road for me on this amazing journey.   In return, I hope to give you your best friend-your baby sister.


I love you.


Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment