.

.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Elmo Makes Music and I Make a Blubbering Mess Out of Myself

Question: What do you get when an 8.5 month pregnant mother takes her toddler to Sesame Street Live?





Answer: Apparently tears. From the mother, not the toddler.  I like Elmo, but seeing “Elmo Makes Music” really shouldn’t have rocked my world. I’m not exactly their target audience. That said, when the lights dimmed and I saw this face:






I cried. And then I nonchalantly wiped my tears and looked around to make sure no one noticed. Oddly enough, Sesame Street Live might live to go down as one of my favorite moments of all time.  It’s pretty amazing to watch your child’s eyes light up with excitement.   The smile on his face is enough to keep one on mine for a very long time. I’m hoping I can find a way to channel this feeling and the permagrin that comes with it around the time my active labor starts.  




PS—I wasn’t sure what to expect when we bought the tickets to take Tyson to the show. We don’t watch a ton of Sesame Street in our house, but Tyson knows who Elmo is and he loves music and dancing.  We were hoping that these two facts would be enough to keep him entertained for 90 minutes. 90 minutes is a pretty big stretch from his standard 20 minute attention span.  We got 75. The rest of his time was spent sitting on the Target Center floor (which, for the record, is as disgusting as it sounds).


No comments:

Post a Comment