.

.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Vacays

I've had really good intentions of writing a big post about our first summer vacation. It happened well over a month ago, which, to the general population probably seems like ample time to type up a few words and edit some pictures. It seems that raising a 20 month old has gotten in the way of the whole ample time thing.


Last weekend we went on our second summer vacation and it's now officially driving me nuts that neither trips are appropriately documented.


Tyson loved both trips and (luckily for my sanity) he's getting easier and easier to travel with. We managed 4 three plus hour car rides with little to no screaming (Praise God and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse).

The first vacation was to a cabin on Long Lake, MN where Tyson fished for the first time, played in the sand, rode a paddle boat, visited his first flea market, and hung out with his Great Grandmas and Grandpas. The cabin was amazing and we're hoping Nanny and Papa make it an annual tradition.




Ahh, now THIS is the life.




This is what all the hype was about? I don't even like the taste of fish. Can I go back and play in the sand?


Seriously lady-haven't I told you before how ridiculous you look when you point at the camera? I realize we're taking a picture. I know where to look. I'm practically two.

The second vacation was to Duluth, Two Harbors, and Gooseberry Falls. The kid is well traveled-his second trip to Duluth in less than two years! Tyson had a blast throwing rocks, chasing birds, playing with this cousins, climbing on waterfalls, and swimming. Side note- throwing rocks? Easily the only activity that can keep my son occupied for more than 15 minutes. If it was socially acceptable and less dangerous, I'd probably carry around rocks in our diaper bag for him to throw while we are out to eat. It's possible that would allow me to eat a full meal without wrestling a toddler back into his highchair every ten minutes.


Mommy, come check this out! They have beaks that could peck my eyes out and I'm chasing THEM!




Dad? Did you know there's a giant shower behind us?



Honestly? You guys should try this out. Throwing rocks is waaay more fun than fishing.



I'll give you a kiss if you'll put me down. Look at all those rocks waiting for me to throw them!



The proof is in the pictures. Vacations were awesome this summer. I'm loving the memories we're creating for Tyson and hoping he's having as much as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment